- You have deleted all of your photos in the iPhoto or Photo application
- You find out that your storage is not increasing at all.
- You have emptied the trash
- Open Finder
- Go to Computer (Command + Shift + C or use the Go menu)
- Sort by List view (Command + 2)
- Open preferences (Command + J)
- Check the Calculate all sizes control at the bottom of the preference window and close the pref window
- Right click on iPhoto library & show package content
- Go To Master/Preview/Thumbnails folder & delete all subfolder inside each years folder.